Thursday, July 24, 2008

I would have a kid.

Child's birthday smash cake


I love kids. That's why my summer job revolves around them, as well as my future career. Don't get me wrong, I have no intention on having children anytime soon. I need like a husband or boyfriend first. I'm sure Tina would have a kid by now. I feel like she would have started young. I'd say she'd have a five year old daughter named Margarita (named for her love of tequila).

Margarita would totally come to the park I work at. I mean who wouldn't want to hang out with me for 4 hours and play fun games like UNO, Clue, Candyland, Guess Who, and kickball? Nevermind the Slip and Slide, water gun fights, and blackberry picking.

However, Tina would be a good parent. She wouldn't drop her kid off when there's a torrential downpour going on like some of the parents at my park. She wouldn't expect me to keep her kid dry despite only having a pavillion to protect us from any formidable weather. A few wood beams and a metal roof is not my ideal form of shelter from a thunderstorm. I guess the parents in my town just aren't as capable as my imaginary friend. If they were all like Tina, I wouldn't have had to give my sweatshirt to a little girl dressed in a tank top and skirt (in wet weather, with temperatures in the 50s). I don't care if you're a crackwhore. That doesn't get the Dorito cheese and Plaster of Paris off my sweatshirt.

I don't have a kid though. I have a hamster named Benita. I wouldn't put it past her to be popping out a few kids herself soon.

No comments: