Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I would drink black coffee.

black coffee


Tina would like black coffee. Hell, she probably drinks mugs of straight espresso in the morning. She doesn't sleep either. She runs on coffee beans.

I envy the people that can just drink straight black coffee. How do you do that? That's seems like some dedication there. I need to have a delicate balance of cream and sugar before it even seems worth it. My life could be so much easier if I just gave in to the taste. Dunkin' Donuts is a stressful place for me. That's right, I said Dunkin' Donuts, not Starbucks. Black coffee drinkers are like the cowboys of the morning beverage world. To me, black coffee is the equivalent of walking into a saloon and saying; "Hey Bartender! I'll have a whiskey, straight up." My hat's off to you coffee cowboys.

I'm actually not really a fan of coffee. No, I'm a fan of half-and-half. I fill about half of my coffee cup with the creamy, delicious, artery clogging, goodness, and the other half with that harsh coffee substance. My parents make fun of me and ask; "Would you some coffee with your half-and-half?". No I don't. In fact, I've been known to put the delicious substance in my hot chocolate, and in regular chocolate milk.

I guess I'm just a morning beverage pansy. Give me a cup of hot tea, filled halfway with milk, and I'm content. However, if I could start every morning with a Mimosa(or 4) instead, it would be ideal. I think even Tina would agree.

No comments: